LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 12: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan attend the UK Premiere of ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ at Odeon Leicester Square on February 12, 2015 in London, England. (Photo : Ian Gavan/Getty Images)
The filming of “Fifty Shades Darker” will commence in the next few months, but there are rumors that it will be delayed because of Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson’s pay demands.
According to Youth Health Mag, Dornan and Johnson are demanding a pay increase because of the success of “Fifty Shades of Grey.” However, Universal Pictures previously said that the onscreen couple are bound by a contract, which states that their pay will remain the same throughout the entire franchise.
Meanwhile, Johnson previously said that the filming for “Fifty Shades Darker” will begin in January.
However, it was moved to February, and fans immediately speculated that the co-stars are still pushing for their pay increase.
In other news, “House of Cards” director James Foley was recently tapped to direct “Fifty Shades Darker.” According to multiple sources, there’s a chance that Foley will also be the one in charge of directing “Fifty Shades Freed”; that is, if he will not butt heads with book author E.L. James.
In the past, “Fifty Shades of Grey” director Sam Taylor-Johnson revealed that she decided to leave the franchise because of the constant arguments and misunderstandings she had with James. According to Taylor-Johnson, James wants to take as much creative control as possible in the filming of the movie. However, the former director also wanted to exercise creative freedom on her work.
Meanwhile, Johnson recently spoke with Empire Online about Foley. The actress revealed that she already met with him. She also said that she’s now excited to work with Foley, even though she was a bit scared of him at first.
“It’s quite exciting. There was a moment of being afraid, because I didn’t know what it was going to be like,” she said.
“Fifty Shades Darker” is slated to hit theaters in the United States on Feb. 10, 2017.