These healthy No Bake Death By Chocolate Protein Bars are packed full of chocolate goodness but are darn healthy for you! Not only do they taste like a soft and chewy dessert bar, they also pack a delicious protein punch! These are the perfect snack bar to make during your meal prep or when you want a filling and tasty bite during main meals. These healthy no bake death by chocolate protein bars just take ten minutes and are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and paleo friendly.
HACK! Long term readers know I’m a huge fan of dark cocoa powred. Up the cocoa powder by an extra 2 tablespoons for an even richer chocolate taste!
No Bake Death By Chocolate Protein Bars
Just ten minutes is needed to make this delicious no bake protein bar recipe which taste like dessert and a chocolate lovers dream! Not only do they take less than 10 minutes to whip up, these bars are also refined sugar-free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and have a tested paleo option too!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (For the paleo option, use 1 cup coconut flour)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup protein powder (dietary recommendations listed above in content)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chunks
- ½ cup nut butter of choice (I used the buff bake peanut butter but can use any)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (sub for maple syrup in the paleo version)**
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice*
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, protein powder and cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well- It should be crumbly. Wait until it cools slightly before adding the dairy free chips and chunks and mix well.
- Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- * Depending on the flour and protein powder combination, you might need less/more dairy free milk
- ** If you don’t go the brown rice syrup route, you’ll definitely need more dairy free milk
- Protein bars are freezer friendly and can also be kept at room temperature.